Scar Tissue After a Breast Lift.

Hi,it's been a month after my implants removal and breastlift surgery. It has been a very rocky road with my right breast. I had necrosis of the nipple but thank God I did not loose my nipple. I don't smoke however, the poor circulation could've been from a biopsy that was done above my nipple before my breast lift surgery. I have develop a lot of scar tissue surrounding my areola and the incision line that's going down. I wanted to know is there is anything that I can do to make my breast soft?

Treatment for breast scarring after implant removal

+1

The scar capsule which forms around all breast implants will generally resolve on it own with time unless the implant had been there a long time and you had a sever capsule with calcification's.  Unlike most other scar capsules, these extreme capsule scar do near to be excised.

The scars on your skin and nipple will also largely improve on their own over time of several months.  Occasionally, these scar may be revised to improve their appearance.

Scar massage and various treatments with vitamin E, and other products may help, but there are no good scientific studies that prove their effectiveness.

Time, then revision if necessary

+1

Yes, it is good news that your nipple survived.  At one month, your scar tissue is very immature.  It will soften considerably.  I'm not sure that massage or silicone make a difference.  Time is what makes a difference.  If it has been at least 6 months and you are unhappy with your scarring, consideration may be given to a scar revision.  This is not unusual after breast lift surgery and may be possible to do under local anesthetic at minimal cost.

Web reference: http://www.swansoncenter.com

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Massage, time, maybe silicone for scar appearance

+1

If your wounds have all healed, I would recommend commencement of gentle deep massage of the scarred areas.  Masssage helps guide your body to soften scars and aids in normalizing the differential stretch and glide of skin, fat, breast, deep muscles.  Time plays a hugh factor in the healing process requiring durations up to a year for the breast to soften.  If the external scars are immature and unpleasant, silicone gel application may aid in its maturation.  Might be worthwhile having a frank discussion with your surgeon.  Good luck.

Montreal Plastic Surgeon