Scar on Tip of Penis - What Can I Do About This? (photo)

I have had this scar on the tip of my penis. I am circumcised. It has been there for as long as I can remember (I think I first remember noticing it at maybe early teens. I have no idea how it formed. It was a slightly smaller size first. I remember once or twice some dry skin on it that peeled off and made the scar bigger a few years ago. The scar does feel a slightly more senstive compared to the rest of the penis head. Can I remove this? Are there any treatments available? Please help!

Treatment for bothersome scar

+1
While a personal consultation is required to fully evaluate the scar and The underlying tissue, it seems that a Fraxel laser treatment would 'soften ' The scar if performed very delicately. One has to take multiple precautions to avoid hyperpigmentation. Some of these measures include using a test site ,lower energies, Proper preparation of the scar before treatment,etc. To excise the scar would probably leave a significant scar- but I would also get a plastic evaluation

Web reference: Http://advanceddermatologypc.com

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.