What Kind of Scar to Expect After Thigh Lift?

I am going to get a Thigh lift on 07-23-09 and the surgeon was explaining to me how he had to do the crease at the top and then a crease from the groin to above the knee.

I would like to know what would the scar look like and what have been your experience doing this type of procedure. I have been trying to look for pictures online to see what the scar looks like and have not been able to find one.

Thanks.

Medial Thigh Lift Scar Placement Decision Making

+1

Without photos or an exam I cannot answer your specific questions. However I can give you some general advice on this matter.
Different Plastic Surgeons with great experience and results often argue the answer to your question. The most important choice is finding the best surgeon (see below link).                        My choice as to whether a vertical scar is needed is on the basis of my exam and where the most excess skin is located. For example if a roll  of skin high up  on the inside of the thigh then a groin scar incision is  preferred, where as if there is circumferential excess from the knee to the groin then a vertical incision is best in my hands.s

Scars following Thigh Lift procedure

+1

Thigh lift scars can be significant. The scar in the bikini area can change and perhaps be visible. The vertical scar is long and wide and of course is visible. The surgeon performing the lift should show you photos of pre and post thight lift procedure and what the scars may look like.

Robert Sleightholm, MD
Brampton Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Lift Scars

+1

I always warn my patients that thigh lift scars can be worse than many other areas.  Even with a scar confined to the groin area, there is frequently downward migration of this scar.  Most post-weight loss patients are willing to trade this scar for sinificant contour improvement, however.

John Whitt, MD

Scars from Thigh Lift

+1

There are a number of options for thigh lift surgery. Should discusss these with your plastic surgeon. If you are not comfortable with the answers should should get a second opinion. However, the current surgeon you have should be able to answer your questions and show you photographs of his/her own patients with the results. This is a serious procedure and you owe to yourself to make sure you are comfortable with the surgeon.

Jack Gelman, MD
Frankfort Plastic Surgeon