Does This Scar Look Okay? The Pain from Surgery is Bad.

I had heavy breasts with a large cup size. I wanted a supportive lift that would reduce my size by removing excess skin. I thought it was a Mastopexy, but the surgeon wrote Mammoplasty. He reduced me more than I wanted, and reduced my nipple size a lot. Nipple sensation is not good, but that is the least of my problems. I've been in pain since surgery. My arm is lifted up to show the scar. The scar is thick under my arm and I hurt a lot all over. I feels like the breasts are pulled too tight.

Reduction scars

+1

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns following your reduction procedure.  I presume an anchor type scar was used as it would put scars towards the side and under your arms.  I wouldn't get tripped up by the use of mammaplasty but you should have understood that you were going to be smaller.  And with reductions, no reputable doctor would guarantee you a cup size.  Since you are past the point of return, you need to heal and try to resolve your differences with your surgeon.  If you agreed to a reduction, then there isn't much you can complain about.

Concerns after Breast Lifting/Reduction?

+1

Hi Linda.  Unfortunately, your pictures were not attached to your question. Remember, that your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to precise answers, advice, and meaningful reassurance.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed in the longer term.