Scar at the End of my Nose from Hitting It on Nail?

I have a scar on the end of my nose and it is VERY noticeable. I have had it for 8 years now but as I grew older, it got bigger. It is risen a little bit but mostly just red. I have been to a dermatologist and I tried to rub creams on it every night for a year, and it hasn't changed it AT ALL. What can I do to at least get rid of the redness?

Options to improve a nasal scar

+1

A red and raised scar on the face may require a biopsy in some cases, or simply a laser scar treatment.  Options are many but narrow once an exam is performed. 

How do I Improve Scar at the End of my Nose from Hitting It on Nail?

+1

I've found that for nasal scars, dermabrasion (not microdermabrasion) is the most effective. This can not only improve the appearance of the scar itself but also level and flatten the skin around it if the scar is depressed. This is performed in the office with local anesthetic. It takes about 5-7 days to heal completely and redness can remain for a few weeks following the procedure. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon