Higher Chance of Scarring from Stitches Than Skin Glue?

I received a small cut on the bone below my eyebrow. ER would not call a plastic surgeon and used skin glue. Now, a plastic surgeon wants to cut and sew it. I've heard conflicting reports of more scars from stitches and sutures than glue. It's a very thin scar. I've had the cut for 10 days. Any opinions? Will vitamin E or Silicone sheets help with scar fading?

Scar revision for a glued dermabond scar

+1

Sutures are usually required for high tension wounds or wounds that will not coapt on their own.  I would go with the recommendations of your plastic surgeon regarding scar revision.

Stitches versus Glue for Scarring?

+1

There is no way to know with any degree of certainty that your scar would have healed better with sutures as opposed to dermabond.   Generally, the use of  sutures versus glue will depend on the specific wound/ laceration. In my opinion, the laceration would have to be very superficial to want to use of glue.

Silicone products (gel or sheeting)  are what I recommend to patients to help with scar fading.