Scar on Sclera

I have a small scar on my sclera caused by a childhood injury as i was hit by a ball near the eye, its brownish like a birth mark and want to know if there are ways to lighten or get rid of it and what it will involve and its cost?

Eye Scar Surgery

+1

It really depends on the location of your scar.   If it is a superficial scar on the conjunctiva (white of the eye) it may be very easy to remove. In this case, the surgery would be a simple excision with either primary closure with sutures or a small graft.  The cost would relate to how much is covered by your insurance and the surgical center fee, but would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500 - $3000.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.