Scar on Sclera

I have a small scar on my sclera caused by a childhood injury as i was hit by a ball near the eye, its brownish like a birth mark and want to know if there are ways to lighten or get rid of it and what it will involve and its cost?

Eye Scar Surgery

It really depends on the location of your scar.   If it is a superficial scar on the conjunctiva (white of the eye) it may be very easy to remove. In this case, the surgery would be a simple excision with either primary closure with sutures or a small graft.  The cost would relate to how much is covered by your insurance and the surgical center fee, but would probably be somewhere in the neighborhood of $2500 - $3000.

San Diego Ophthalmologist

6183 Paseo Del Norte
Carlsbad, CA 92011