Scar Revision for Alar Base Reduction Scar?

I have this alar base reduction scar and some surgeons here mentioned that I need to do "scar revision" and things like dermabrasion won't help. So what is scar revision? Does that mean the surgeon would have to cut it again and stitch it back again so there is no step deformity there?

Scar revision

+1

A revision of this scar would be the best option.  Many surgeons include revisions in the cost of the original surgery.  I would recommend seeing the surgeon that performed your original proceedure to see if that is the case.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alar Base Scar

+1

The scar would have to be excised and the wound closed. It also appears that you have  retraction of the left nostril margin. If that is true, discuss it with your revision surgeon.

Scar revision of nostril scar

+1

The best way to treat this would be to excise (cut) it and repair the wound. If it involves any significant amount of tissue you may have to perform the same on the opposite side.

Alar reduction step deformity

+1

Hi,

The picture you sent is somewhat blurry but it appears that you have a step deformity. This can fixed by excising the step and resuturing it. You may need some dermabrasion in the future as well.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Bad scar after alar reduction.

+1

You are correct in that the surgeon would have to remove the old scar and resuture the new one and correct the step deformity.