Scar Revision for Under Eye Scar from Accident?

Hello, I had a bike accident in May. I now have two scars now, one from about ten stitches over my eyebrow and one from an avulsion on my cheek that is under my eye. The skin that grew back under my eye is very dark and slightly raised.

I would love to know what my options are for repairing it. I have been using mederma since the accident, but I still have to use cover up every day. Would laser treatment be effective? I am black, but the area is not a keloid, just much darker than the rest of my face.

I am located in Boston, MA and would love any help! Pic attached is from August.

Eyelid and facial scarring after accident

+2

There are several treatments that may be of benefit to you. As you live in the Boston area I strongly suggest consultation with one of the physicians at SkinCare Physicians located on Boylston (or maybe it is Route 9) in Chestnut Hill. 

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Scar treatment

+2

It is still fairly early to do any kind of scar revision. Right now you should keep it protected with sun screen while you are outside and keep moisturizers on it. Massage may help. If the color stays dark, sometimes laser treatments can help with the color.

Revision and laser treatment will improve scar's appearance

+2

Thanks for the photo. Yes a scar revision with laser post treatment will improve the appearance of the scar on your right cheek. Go see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area. Regards.