Scar Revision After Mini Tummy Tuck

Hi, I had a mini tt 11 months ago with liposuction. The result is nice but my scar shows some depression and looks like not all fat and skin below my bellybutton were removed. Is it possible to correct it? I really wanted a more flatter belly, but would not go for a full tt, because I didn't have enough skin to do that and also I didn't want a big scar. Thanks!

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

You can have a little fat transfer to the spot or revise the scar.  It sounds like a little fat loss from the liposuction, common near incision lines.  This is easy to enhance.  The fat around the BB is a bit more delicate as this requires a different surgery, the full TT where they cut around the BB.  This removes the lose skin, and in a mini TT, the BB is left intact.  There is a limit as to how aggressive fat can be removed around the BB in order to protect the blood supply.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision

+1

At this point in time, your scar is matured so you should be able to undergo a tummy tuck scar revision. It is difficult to determine what procedures or techniques would be involved without current photos. Make sure to communicate your concerns and goals with your surgeon for the best advice.

Revision after mini tummy tuck

+1

Often, additional improvement can be achieved with a relatively simple procedure, even under local anesthesia in the office, depending on the extent of the problem.  If you post a picture, we can give you additional information.

James Nachbar, MD

Scar revision

+1

Your scar is now 11 months old and has fully matured.  At this point in time it is a very acceptable situation to return to your surgeon and ask to have a revision of your scars.  It might require a reexcision of the area that is not appealing to you. 

Ernesto Hayn, MD

Mini tummy tuck

+1

I would talk with your surgeon- find out if there was liposuction performed at the same time and let him or her assess whether or not you have enough skin laxity to re-excise skin and lower/correct your scar.  If things are already tight then it could be a challenge.  Without photos it is hard to tell whether you need that or just a scar revision.  Good luck!

Tiffany McCormack, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision After Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Since no photo, my response is sure have a scar revision. You have waited at least a year so the scar has matured.