Scar Revision Surgical Removal?

I am 8 months past a mini tummy tuck and still have hard scar tissue. My dr. has scheduled me to have the tissue removed. I have a lot of swelling right above the incision which i was told is a mixture of fat/water and once removed i was told my stomach will be flat. Does the scar tissue prevent the lymphatic system from draining out 8 months after? How much scar tissue is usually removed? and once stiched back can more skin be taken off in a scar revision?

Scar Revision after Tummy Tuck?

+1

As you can imagine, every patient situation is different. How much scar tissue is removed during this procedure will depend on your specific situation. If the scar tissue is especially dense/ abnormal, I can see how it might prevent resolution of swelling even 8 months after surgery.  I would suggest that you ask these specific questions of your plastic surgeon who knows your situation best.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm