Is Scar Revision an Option to Improve 24-year-old Gastroschisis Scar? (photo)

I was born in 1989 with gastroschisis - a birth defect that compromised the development of my abdominal wall. Is scar revision an option for me? When I was 20lbs heavier the scar was occasionally painful. I have since lost some weight and the fleeting pain has ceased, however I'm hoping that I can undergo surgery to minimize the appearance of the scar. Thank you very much for your time.

Repairing an abdominal scar from surgery - Los Angeles

+1

Scar revision is an excellent option for this scar.  The question is whether there is a fascial defect underneath the scar. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Is Scar Revision an Option to Improve 24-year-old Gastroschisis Scar?

+1

Dear Gastroscar,

Yes, Definitely.  You should have a dramatic improvement in the appearance of this scar with a good revision.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Scar improvement

+1

Scar revision would do a lot to improve the contour of your scar. Most of the time painful scars are improved as well. Although you will always have a scar, I believe it can be much better. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon