Can Scar Revision Make my Scar from Gynecomastia Surgery Look Better? (photo)

I had a gynecomastia surgery two years ago and had the gland removed and I think a minor liposuction. I am definitely not satisfied with the scar now and I was wondering if it were possible to have it fixed? I was also wondering if you think that the scar is acceptable considering that I had the surgery done by a plastic surgeon for 5500$?

Concerns about Scars after Gynecomastia Surgery?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Overall, it sounds like you are pleased with the results of the gynecomastia surgery. However, I would agree with you that the placement of the scars could have been better. The fact that the scar extends beyond the “borders” of the areola makes the scar more visible, in my opinion. It may be possible to “hide” the scar better  at the junction of the areola and breast skin.

I would suggest following up with your plastic surgeon and/or second opinions to discuss scar revision options.

Scar folllowing Gynecomastia surgery

+1

I would suggest going back to the original plastic surgeon and discussing your concerns. Its possible the scar can be improved with further surgery.  Also get a second opinion.  You do not show the other scar and do not mention wether you are otherwise pleased with the outcome.  Its difficult to render an opinion on the scar without seeing before pictures and the extent of your gynecomastia.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon