Scar Revision or Liposuction After Full Tummy Tuck

How early can I have my scar lowered or get liposuction on my stomach after a full tummy tuck? I am 6 months out of surgery and unhappy with the outcome. I have a nice figure now but I can't wear my low jeans. I made a point very clear and didn't get my request for a very low scar. I don't think I expected to much just what I thought I communicated with my doctor. Please doctors, in the future make that request very important when performing a tummy tuck. I live in Tampa and drove to Miami to get this done and I am considering driving again for my revision. If you think you can help, let me know. Thanks.

Scar revision after tummy tuck

+3

It appears you have inadvertently posted a before picture. If the after picture was the one in one of your photos you submitted previously, many of the respondents noted that attempting to lower your scar could create excessive tightness or distortion. If you do not believe this, you will undoutedly find a doctor who will do surgery on you if you look long enough.

Revision Time

+2

Let me be blunt.  If this is your post op photo, you need to go with a secondary tummy tuck which will tighten your lax tissues, lower the scar, and give you a much improved result.

You look like a great Tummy Tuck candidate

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with an elevated TT scar - the pic that you posted looks like a pre-op photo. You appear to have global skin laxity and some myo-fascial laxity. It is possible to place a very low scar on your pelvic tissues. I try to place the middle of TT scar about 6 cm above the vulvar commisure, and then extend the scar laterally, but keeping it low. This way, you get a bit of a lateral thigh lift out of the procedure.

Tummy Tuck scar revision

+2

From the photo posted I fear you did not receive a 'full tummy tuck'. It appears as there not an incision around the umbilicus and the scar is too short to make it a full tummy tuck. My recommendation is to repeat the surgery with Smart Lipo at the maximum or at least revise the scar with Smart Lipo. There are good docs in Tampa, like Frank Reiger, M.D. Go see him. Regards.

Scar revision is probably what you need

+2

If you're scar is too high, liposuction alone will not improve it. Only a scar revision will suffice to lower it. I usually wait 6 months or more from the time of surgery before performing this. It's hard to know whether supplemental liposuction will help as your photos seem to be taken preoperatively.

Best of luck.

Tummy Tuck

+2

The pictures which you posted appears to be a pre-op picture, so it is important to see your post-op picture in order to comment on the results. From the picture that you posted, it appears that you would benefit from a full abdominoplasty (tummy tuck). The incision would most likely need to go from one side of your body to the other at your panty line. You would also have a small incision around your belly button. Without seeing your scar, it is impossible to comment on it.

David Shafer, MD

3rd question about tummy tuck

+2

Dear Blue4, this is the third question this week about your tummy tuck as far as I know.

The photo posted here also looks like your preop photo not a postop photo. I remember well what your result looked like in your other posts and again, liopsuction and repeat tummy tuck won't change the position of your scar. Your scar is low enough in the center but angles high laterally. Higher than I would have expected from the photo shown above.

Some doctors do it this way and prefer this scar and cal it a lower body lift. Did you see this scar shape in the photos you saw of other patients done by your doctor?

Sorry you are having these troubles but there isn't anything you can do right now other than scar massage, scar IPL and time.

Extended tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) for circumferentially loose skin

+2

I would agree with you. From this picture, it does not appear that you have had a tummy tuck. Is this the pre or post picture? It appears that you would be an acceptable candidate for an extended tummy tuck. I am including an example below.

Tummy Tuck Revision in Los Angeles

+1

Tummy tuck revision is usually performed to better contour the abdomen, remove excess skin or dog ears, lower abdominal scar, and to create a curvaceous figure with liposuction of the flanks and lower back. I usually wait at least 6 months prior to considering a revision tummy tuck, in order to let the swelling subside after the initial abdominoplasty.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Abdominoplasty and tummy tuck scar revision

+1

We see a lot of plastic surgery problems in Los Angeles, given that this is one of the plastic surgery capitals of the world.  A tummy tuck scar can be reconfigured with liposuction or scar lowering at a very early period after initial surgery. 6 months is a good period to wait.  Some scars will require very early laser treatment to correct thickening or redness of the scars.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS