Scar Revision for Areola

To correct my tuberous breast, I had a fat transfer (08/28/10) and areola reduction (03/08/11)by two different surgeons at the same time, getting different results. My doctor told me that it's normal that I needed a telescopic technique and that it will heal the same, but it has been a month and those "folds" are not going anywhere. Should I consider a scar revision? And what about the tiny raised white scars around the breast created when he puncture my breast to release the constricted tissue?

Scar Revision for Areola

+2

Thanks for posting the photo series. I feel you have a very acceptable result. I would recommend revision of the left areo;asr scar/incision at 3 months postoperative. From MIAMI

Scar Revision for Areola

+1

By the pictures you posted you have nice results although it is very early to say. Not until the swelling has subsided and a period of time passes will we know how much fat survived and the scars settle. I would not recommend a revision in the areola till 6 months to a full year has passed if you can wait. At that point all the swelling and inflammation has subsided and results are best!

Good Luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon