Scar Revision for Facial Laceration of 2 Year Old Scar? (photo)

I have a scar under my lower left lip. It runs about an inch and a half. It is depressed and still slightly red after 2 years. I have another scar on my forehead from the same injury. Both were lacerations. However, the forehead scar (stiched by a student) is virtually invisible. I am wondering if it is possible to revise the lower scar to be comparable to the forehead. Can the depressed area and scar tissue be removed? Thank you, TK

Scar revision

+1

Since it's been two years already, the lip scar has likely taken on its final appearance.  From the photos, it does look like it is depressed.  At this point you really have two options.  First, you can undergo non-surgical treatment with a dermal filler such as Juvederm or Restylane.  These may help to fill in the depressed area and make the scar more difficult to see.  These would be temporary treatments however, and would need to be redone after 6-12 months.  The second option is to undergo surgical excision of the scar, with meticulous closure.  This would be a much more permanent way to correct your problem.  

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon

Scar Revision for Facial Laceration of 2 Year Old Scar?

+1

It appears as demonstrated in the photos a scar revision could be done. But in person evaluations are always best. 

Scar revision surgery to correct lip scars

+1

Lip scars are great targets for scar revision procedures such as laser, IIT, and scar revision surgery.  I would recommend a combination of these options.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS