Scar Revision on Face! Which Would Give the Best Closure Results Dissolving Sutures Used with Dermabond or Permanent Sutures?

Im having a scar revision on my face the scar is by the bridge of my nose and goes by eyebrow ill need about 15-20 stiches. My surgeon said he was going to use dissolvable sutures and dermabond since i live out of town but I wonder if permanent sutures would give a better result on my face even if I have to fly back id rather have the best results.

Suture types during scar revision

+1

There are many options for suture placement and suture type during scar revision. I prefer permanent stitches for many of these repairs, but that is not an absolute.  The biggest influence on suture type is the amount of tension on the wound at time of closure.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/38/scar-revision.aspx