SCAR REVISION: Would Dermabrasion Suffice? Or Would I Need a Skin Graft Too? What Would This Cost? (photo)

I have an 8-year old branding on the under side of my right forearm. It is about 1.5"x2" and I am considering dermabrasion. I was originally considering dermabrasion AND a skin graft... but I can't afford both. This was a past mistake (really dumb, I know--I was 13 y/o.) & now I'm paying to revise it. Any idea how much that would cost me? I live in northern Wisconsin. The scar is deep and I'm not too concerned with a "normal" looking arm... just want a more socially "acceptable" burn.

Scar Revision

+1

To correct this branding scar the thickened skin needs to be surgically removed. There are many approaches to maximize the cosmetic outcome of this revision. Costs vary depending on where you live, as well as the method required to give you the best outcome. I would advise you to seek a consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss the options and costs invovled. I think you would do better with surgical revision over dermabrasion. I also do not see why you would require a skin graft to fix this scar. 

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon