Scar Re-pigmentation Treatments?

Are there any effective scar repigmentation treatments? I have hypopigmented scars that are really embarrassing, and I know that nothing will make them invisible. But, is there anything that will make them look better?

Usually better to revise these scars

+1

Trying to add pigment to hypo-pigmented scars is difficult. The hardest thing is to get a scar the right color and do so uniformly. Tattoo pigments fade over time. You might want to consider a scar revision.

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Excime Laser for White Scars

+1

Hi Ali,

We agree with Dr. Chen. Excimer lasers are commonly used for the treatment of Vitiligo and the device helps repigment the skin using Ultra Violet light.

Before you start treatment, understand that hypopigmented (white) scars are very difficult to treat and you should hope for mild improvement, but recognize that you may not make progress. With this laser and realistic expectations, you will be an informed patient.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Scar re-pigmentation

+1

Hello Ali,

There is some recent data suggesting that the excimer laser (UVB light) is useful for repigmenting hypopigmented traumatic scars. You would likely require several treatments before you begin to see any improvement. Not all offices have the excimer laser so you would need to ask around.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist