Scar Removal For Leg Wound

So I was accidentally scalded by hot melted plastic when I was about 6 yrs. old. I'm 20 yrs. old now and I still have scarring on my lower leg. They make me extremely self conscious and I want to know if there is any kind of procedures that would reduce the appearance of my scar or could totally remove it. The scar are basically white and lighter than the skin around it with an odd smooth texture.

Ways to remove scar on leg

+3
We can easily excise ( ie cut out ) the scar . This will leave a thin scar in a line. We can also use a laser like the Fraxel repair to blend the scar somewhat. Sometimes it can even stimulate some of the pigment. The Excimer laser with multiple treatments can stimulate the pigment to return in over half the cases.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon