Can Scar Removal Remove All Types of Scars?

I was in a car accident in Las Vegas and the glass shattered onto my legs. Now, I have keloids. Will scar removal help with this scar, or are there only certain types of scars that can be treated?

Keloid excision for traumatic scars

+1

Not all keloids require excision.  You should seek the advice of a knowledgeable keloid expert.  Visit keloidexpert on the web to find an experienced keloid plastic surgeon. Surgery90210

Improve, but not remove, keloid scarring

+1

Unfortunately, with current treatments, once a scar occurs in skin it can never be completely removed. However, while removal is not possible, scar improvement or revision is. Scars may be improved in many different ways, depending on the type, location and size of the scar.

Some of the most popular and effective methods for scar improvement include surgical revision, laser treatment, and dermabrasion. It's important to see a physician who has considerable experience with scar revision so they may evaluate the specifics of the scar and work with you to choose the appropriate type of revision for your particular star. Of note, acne scarring is a totally separate, but common type of scarring requiring other sometimes different types of treatments for improvement, including methods such as subcision and TCA CROSS chemical peeling.

Chad L. Prather, MD
Baton Rouge Dermatologic Surgeon

Scars cannot be "removed", only "revised"

+1

There is no technique or technology that will remove scars no matter what their cause. The only thing available is to revise them and try to make them less visible. In the case of glass wounds on the leg, this may not be possible or you may have to select the worst area and just focus on that. Go see a plastic surgeon in your area.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS