Treatment Options for Facial Scars?

I have had chemical peels, on the scar but it still will not fade. A dermatologist told me that the scar cannot be cut out and stitched again, because it will leave a bigger scar. What should I do? Any scar removal treatment options for me?

Fractional CO2 Laser Best Option for Facial Scarring

+1

Fractional CO2 Laser has become the new gold standard for laser resurfacing for scar revision, wrinkles, and sun damage. The ablative CO2 laser resurfacing had been the prior gold standard treatment; however, the requirement for general anesthesia and associated downtime has made the traditional CO2 laser resurfacing less desirable. Fractional CO2 laser allows for the CO2 laser energy to be delivered in a fractionated fashion to dramatically shorten downtime 5-6 days and achieve significant smoothing of skin texture, stimulation of collagen and rejuvenation of an aging skin with one treatment.

The key is to find an experienced physician with a team approach to customize a series of pre-op and post-op care routine to maximize your clinical outcome. Different parameters such as the depths of laser penetration, density of penetration, energy released, number of passes for particular anatomic region vary for different skin types and different priorities of the patients. Ideally, you should be under the care of a board-certified dermatologist who has performed at least 50 cases of your skin type and know exactly what to do in order to prevent and manage complications.

Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon