What's the Best Scar Removal Treatment for Old Leg Scars?

When I was a child I was allergic to bug bites and ticks. The scars on my legs are about 10 years old but it is still in my legs. I can’t wear shorts or wear any skirts. I lost my confidence because of this. I need your help. I need to know the name of a product and the location or if it’s possible contact information. Thank you and God Bless!

Treatment of bug bite scars on legs

+1

Hi Bhevz,

We have recently had a case very much like what you describe (dark scars from bug bites long ago). We used q-switched laser treatments to fix the problem. We would suggest finding a practitioner near you that is expert in the use of q-switched Nd:Yg lasers. Good luck. 

Treatment for old scars

+1

I would try using some silicone sheeting as a starting point. Silicone can help new scars as well as old scars. This would be a fairly low risk way to go. If this does not help then other options are available. 

Amir M. Karam, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need a proper evaluation to start

+1

You need those scars evaluated by a good plastic surgeon to come up with a plan for your care. No one method is best for all...and all do not respond the same to any given treatment.

Best Regards,

John Di Saia MD

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon