Scar removal on scalp (photo)

I have a small scar right above hairline and it gets really noticeable when I put my hair up. It has almost been a year and no hair has grown yet. I'm wondering if there is any way to get rid of it or regrow hair. I don't want to be insecure about my hair for the rest of my highschool life.

Scar on scalp

+2
The scar on the front of your scalp does appear to be fairly small and could be surgically excised to remove the bald spot.  The other option would be hair transplantation.  Because the scar is small, I believe the surgical removal would be the best option.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision

+1
Dear PoplZerz

The scar you have appears to have been from some trauma to the area that had destroyed some of the hair follicles. The simplest correction would be to excise the scar tissue and close the defect bringing in new hair from both sides. This would eliminate the bald spot you have. It could be done with minimal downtime in a 20-30 minute procedure. 

Dr. Kaila MD FRCSC

Sanjeev Kaila, MD