Improving Appearance of Pitted Scars from Acne and Steroid Injections?

I have suffered from cystic acne for years. About 15 years ago, I found that steroid injections were the answer. However, I am now left with huge pitted scars from the cysts themselves and the injections. Is there anything that can get rid or or significantly reduce the appearance of the scars?

Acne Scars

+1

Although laser resurfacing is often an excellent answer for most acne scars and can have the best cosmetic outcome, it sounds like your issue is likely secondary to steroid atrophy. This is a common side effect of injections of cysts or acne lesions with steroids. These areas are often best treated by plumping or restoring volume with a soft tissue filler, of which there many great choices on the market and your dermatologist can best assist you with this plan

Boulder Dermatologist