How to Remove Scar from Permanent Lip Color?

I had permanent lip color done two years ago. The technician went too deep and I was left with scars on my upper lip. To improve it (I do not know why I came back to them), they used laser to flatten the scar. It helped only a little, but some parts seem more uneven. What can I do?

Laser for permanent tattoo

+1

Hi Lpham,

It would be helpful to know which laser was used to improve your scar. Fractional resurfacing lasers are very helpful in treating scars but may require several treatments. If there is any desire to remove some of the pigment, this can also be achieved with laser, specifically a Q-switched alexandrite or Nd:YAG laser. A pulsed dye laser can also be helpful, but only if the scar is still pink/red and it probably will not help much with the texture. If the scar is elevated, dermabrasion and even deep chemical peels can help to improve the appearance. Make sure to have the scars evaluated by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.