What Are Other Scar Removal Options for Dogbite Scars on Cheek?

I was bit by a dog when I was three and over the last couple years, I have had cool touch laser, Restylane injections, and Fraxel lasers on my cheek. I was wondering if there is anything else that you would consider.

Fraxel lasers best option for your scar

+1

From your photo, it appears that the scar would respond and improve with more fraxel laser treatments. As many as 6 - 8 treatments may be needed to see optimal improvement. I would not do surgical revision based on your photo.

Charlotte Dermatologist

Scar removal options

+1
If you are displeased with the results of non-invasive treatment, surgical scar revision may be an option. You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation so that the scar can be assessed and options clarified. It is possible that the Y shaped scar can be realigned into one linear scar to reduce the problem. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD