How to Best Get Rid of Scar on the Forehead?

When I was 10 years old, I fell and bumped my head on a concrete wall.

Facial Scar revision

+2
The problems with your scar is that it is lighter than the rest of your forehead skin and it is oriented in an up-down direction which makes it very noticeable. In spite of the fact that darker skin individuals can have keloid formation, I would suggest having scar revision that will A. reorient the scar direction and B. hide the scar in what are call relaxed skin tension lines. Any signs of scar hypertrophy following revision should be addressed with steroid injections.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar on forhead from age 10.

+1
Thank you for the photo. This area of the body can be difficult with scars as the forehead is on tension. One criteria that we always ask is how long the scar has been there. Scars typically look the worst at 4 months and better at 10 months. Usually we do not like to perform scar revisions on those scars less than a year of age. A good exam is necessary to determine how tight your skin is, and also what is going on with the hypopigmentation. With a revision, the old scar is typically cut out and then the edges are placed back together without undo tension. You will trade a scar for a scar, and hopefully the new scar will look better than your old scar.   Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Forehead scars can be improved with surgery

+1

This hypopigmented and widened forehead scars will do well with surgical scar excision and layered closure.  Lasers will have limited effect on this widened scar. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar revision is the best way get rid of forehead scar

+1

The main response/question I have is do you have other scars? And do you keloid? But to answer the question directly a scar revision is the best way. Regards.