Treatment for Flat Surgical Scar?

I have a long, narrow, mostly flat surgical scar on my arm that I would like to make less obvious. It is very noticeable. What kind of treatments might be able to better blend the scar into the surrounding skin? I'm so tired and depressed about having to cover it up all the time. Thank you.

Treatment for flat surgical scar

+2

If the scar is a white, mature scar (in general older than 1 year), you may want to speak with a plastic surgeon regarding surgical scar revision. If the scar is an immature, pink or red scar, treatments with vascular laser/light (e.g. pulsed-dye/v-beam or IPL) can be beneficial. Application of tretinoin (retin-a) cream may be beneficial as well.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist