Scar Removal from Breast Augmentation

Is there any solution to repairing a scar from a breast augmentation incision? It's a 1/2 inch long, my breast looks great but that tiny scar ruins them.

Breast implant scars can be corrected or revised

+1
Often, the simplest solution to breast augmentation scars is to excise them and resuture them without tension.  I have found this to work well. My office offers a combination of ablative and non-ablative lasers.  I also advise my patients to begin treatment with Melarase for dark scars. 

You May Want to Wait Awhile

+1

If your scar is recent, massaging them will be helpful. You should wait a few months before inquiring for a scar removal. But when that time comes, scar revision is the most common. But if your scar is small, I would not bother. As with other breast augmentation scars, there is no way to completely avoid the scar. 

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Scar Revision

+1

Scar revision is fairly common, but it is simply trading a new scar with hopes that it will have an improved look. You cannot simply "remove" a scar. If the scars are young (< 6 months), then give them time and massage and they will improve. Silicone sheeting and gels may help soften the scar. If the color of the scar is a problem, some lasers and lightening creams may help. The best recommendation is to see your plastic surgeon and explain your concerns. You may find that reassurance is all you need, especially if your surgery was only a few months ago.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Treatment options for breast scars

+1

Without knowing exactly what it is about the scar that you find concerning, it is difficult to know how to address the question. As the other panel members suggested, silicone sheeting works well even on older scars to help flatten the tissue. If the scar is raised, steroid injections may be appropriate when properly evaluated for such. If the concern is the color of the scar (brown or red), lasers and/or topical products would be excellent treatment options.

Please visit the below link for photos and further information on the pulsed dye laser

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Scar revision may be necessary

+1

If the scar is really small, leave it. Nothing will take it away entirely. If it is raised or pigmented, see your surgeon about a scar revision. These can usually be done under local in the office for small scars.

Best Regards.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

Scar from Breast augmentation

+1

If you are unhappy with the scar after a breast augmentation there may be several things that can be done. If the scar is wide, you can have a scar revision. If the scar is firm or raised you can treat it with silicone sheeting or a pressure dressing. Certain lasers can improve the color. If the scar is very noticeable because of the color difference, you can have it tattooed to camouflaged better.