Possible to Remove the Scarring from Belly Button Piercing?

I have a large scar from a few attempts at belly button piercings. Two of them forced themselves out and the last one was pierced behind the scarring, hoping it would hold in the jewelry, but it just moved around the scarring to cause a larger scar to appear. Is there any way to remove this scar (surgically or otherwise)?

Making Belly Button Scars better

+1
Scar revision is often successful for enlarged scars near the belly button. The key is a plastic surgical closure and optimal scar management afterwards. See link below for more details.

Web reference: http://drnichter.com/best-scar-management/

Scarring from belly button piercing

+1

It may be possible to IMPROVE a scar but never do we promise to remove it absolutely one hundred percent! I like to tell my patients that I am a physician, not a magician.

Washington DC Dermatologist

Scarring from umbilical piercing

+1

There are no easy ways to remove excessive or hypertrophic scarring from multiple umbilical piercing attempts. You may want to schedule a consultation for steroid injections to diminish the thickened portions of the scar.