Scar Removal After Appendectomy?

I am in my 40's and have surgery scars in my abdomen and five surgeryindentations from a ruptured appendix that looks like bellybuttons.

It is very unsightly and I was wondering if there is any procedure to improve the appearance of my abdomen or somehow slightly eliminate the appearance of the scars.

Could fillers do the trick and are there any topical ointments I could use to minimize the scar tissues? HELP!!!

Consider scar revision

+1

With a large depressed scar I would say consider scar revision. Fillers are temporary and may not be adequate anyway. Topical treatments generally help with color and do not "fill a scar in."

Best Regards.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

Series of treatments may be able to help scar

+1

The depressions can be improved with undermining and then fat injections. A series of treatments may be necessary. If the skin component is unattractive, you can have a scar revision.

I have been unimpressed with topical lotions / potions / agents to deal with the above situation you are describing. It would be helpful if you enclosed a picture of what the problem looks like.

Michael Kulick, MD