How to Get Rid of Acne Scar on Upper Chest?

I have a scar on my chest that developed after the acne went away. The scar gets really itchy and red at times, and is really uncomfortable. I've had to avoid wearing a lot of shirts and can only wear t-shirts to cover up the scar since it's on my upper chest. I really am so self-conscious about my scar and want to find some way of removing it permanently. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Treatment of a red scar on the chest - Keloid

+1

This is an early chest keloid with redness and inflammation.  I would begin with nonsurgical treatment:

1. Selective IIT
  2. Pulsed Dye Scar Laser
  3. Pressure Treatment

Hypertropic acne scar on chest

+1

Your scar could probably be improved significantly with a series of injections with cortisone to address the raised component as well as treatment with a vascular laser to address the redness. The cortisone injections should significantly reduce your symptoms of pain/itching.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist