Scar redness that is only obvious when light shines on it. Will this eventually go away? (photo)

I have a scar that isn't red except when the sun shines on it or a white light it makes it extremely red and noticeable, even when I wear foundation. The redness draws a lot of attention to it. Do you think this is caused by contour differences where it is raised around the scar but the scar itself is indented which could cause a shadow or do you think that there is still redness in the scar that will eventually go away? When I blow up my cheeks the redness disappears.

Scar redness

+1
All scars are red for a period that can take up to 2 years.  If your skin is pigmented, during that period do not expose the sacr to the sun or it will trn dark.

New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon