Will Scar or Puckering Eventually Flatten out from Labiaplasty?

I am approximately 2 months post-op and on one side I have quite a fold that develops into a strange pucker near my clitoral hood. I have noticed that "stuff" gets caught in here. I mentioned it to my surgeon 3 weeks post op and he said it was a good result and would get even better. I have to open the fold to clean the little pocket that has developed there, which concerns me greatly. Should I go back to him and discuss this further? Everywhere else has healed fine.

Labiaplasty revision or excess skin after surgery

+1

This puckering is likely due to swelling and will respond favorably to time. Another simple procedure is to surgically remove the puckering with a small scar revision. 

Labiaplasty

+1

For things like this, I advise my patients to be patient for at least 3 months after a procedure as healing is still occurring. Scars don't mature and soften for at least 3 months and some swelling may also remain for several months after surgery. You may need a small "nip or tuck" later on but it is too soon to tell. Just hold on a little longer and see how it turns out. Good luck.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Puckering Post Labiaplasty - Will This Resolve Itself?

+1

Mucosa of the labia is very similar to the mucosa inside the mouth.  Puckering and even pockets can resorb without any surgical intervention.  I am sure that you are very frustrated at 2 months not to have a perfect result.  But give it 4 more months, and if the pocket has not improved or totally disappeared, then I would go back and discuss it further with your plastic surgeon. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty scar 2 months post-op

+1

Indeed the best place to start is by asking your operating surgeon what s/he thinks.  A simple small revision or just a tincture of time more may be all that is required to resolve this.  Glad to help...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Uneven labiaplasty scar

+1

A photo would be helpful to answer your question, but generally, scars will continue to improve over several more months.  Sometimes there is a reluctance to extend the scar to the area of the clitoral hood, despite some skin excess.  This could be revised if it doesn't resolve in a few months.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon