Will This Scar Possibly Improve or Heal? (photo)

There is this one scar on my cheek really bother me for years caused by pimples and sun damage. I got diagnosed saying "mild" acne scarring but the dermatologist can't see it properly. I tried those home microdermabrasion kit, acne scar cream and nothing seem to be improving. If anything, it looks like it made it worse but i don't know. Does those home microdermabrasion kit and acne scar cream kit could possibly make the indentation scar look worse over time? I'm so scared right now...

How to improve deep acne scarring

+2

the good news is you can be helped! you have deep scarring over a large area of your cheek. the real problem with your scar is that the edges of the scar is not at the same level as your cheek skin. so when you are looking at your face the shadow created by the over riding edges causes the scar to look prominent.

i dont think over the counter treatments will do anything for you. as a general rule if you can buy it in the pharmacy then it has to be relatively innoccuous, less effective, and will provide less dramatic results

you can be helped with a couple of sessions of deep dermabrasion. your native skin is thicker and more sebaceous and it can be shaved down to the level of your scar. this will also blend the two sides so they will flow and remove the shadow.

the other option is surgical. the crater/pit can be removed and converted to a straight line. the healing on the lower eyelid/cheek junction is typically excellent.

hope this was helpful!!

Healing an Isolated Acne Scar

+1

The good news is that your scar is absolutely treatable. The bad news is that your current regimen of topical creams and abrasives won't do the trick. The scar originates in the dermis, a place where solutions simply can't penetrate. Instead, I'd recommend a series of Fraxel re:store treatments, followed by an injectable filler if needed. 

Deeper scars are best treated with a combination of fillers and lasers

+1

I would suggest you find a dermatologist who is an experienced injector and can fill it in with Restylane.  If there is still scarring I suggest you get the Fraxel laser but it can take several treatments to improve the scarring.

Depressed acne scar needs a "lift" with a filler like Restylane or Scluptra

+1

Stop using the home remedies, you are just wasting money.  It appears that the scar is depressed and you need some volume underneath it. Restylane is probably my first choice for this, but if desiring a longer fill, sculptra might work well too.  There still might be a superficial scar after the filler, and this could be treated with the Fraxel Dual, 1550 laser.  Don't expect to completely resolve the scar, but it should look better.