Scar Pain?

Pain in scars. Feels like a needle stick, bad pain comes and goes, Still have a scab it just keeps peeling off and growing back! Still also very itchy. What will help this? Have not been told to put anything on it. Have just been applying lotion 2 times a day! Not seeing ps for months. Open wounds have been closed for 5 weeks.

Pins and Needles a Few Weeks after Breast Reduction

+1

Pins and needles sensations a few weeks after breast reduction can be a normal variant.  These changes indicate nerve regeneration and may continue for several months to a year.  This is usually a good sign.

Breast reduction discomfort

+1

Hello and thank you for your question. Since you just had your breast reduction 5 weeks ago, your incisions and the breast tissue are still healing. It's not uncommon to have discomfort, "pins and needles", or numbness in and around healing tissues.

I advise you to return to see your plastic surgeon to discuss these issues. There are many non-invasive things that can be done to help with healing scars.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Scar pain treatment

+1

It is not normal but also not uncommon to have pins and needles type pain in a scar.  This will usually improve with time, sometimes many months.  Sometimes the scar can be treated with various scar treatments, including at times excision and closure and at time less invasive treatments.  A follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon would likely give you some reasonable options.

Jeffrey Thaxton, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Scar pain?

+1

If you have not seen your PS for months and have not discussed your concerns about the scars then I believe you would benefit from having this discussion. It is not uncommon to have these types of pain and some medications or massaging may help. Be sure to get evaluated to be sure nothing more serious is happening - Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD