Scar Options After Excision

what can I do to reduce a surgical line after excision? Laser, fillers, etc?

What to do about scarring after surgery?

+4

I'm not sure where your scar is located or how long it is, but these details might help us to give you better ideas.

If a scar is dark, you can lighten it with things like hydroquinone creams or photofacial treatments and consistent use of sunblock.

If it is raised or ropy, silicone sheeting or creams may help. I personally really like Biocorneum.  If it is a more severe scar, then steroid injections may be useful.

Sunblock and silicone creams are usually a good combination.  Biocorneum cream has both--use it twice daily. 

Scar Revision Treatments

+3

There are many options for scar treatment. The best treatment will depend on the type of scar and the problem wit the scar. Is the scar red? Is it not in a natural crease? Is it raised? Is it depressed? Depending on the answer to these and other questions,an experienced surgeon can give you a suggestion as to the best treatment options. Consult a facial plastic or plastic surgeon to talk about your options.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steps to ensure nice scars after scar revision surgery

+2

Great question. I would begin topical treatment with Melaquin AM cream in the initial phase of healing, followed by fractional laser for skin resurfacing in most cases.  

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS