Scar Treatment for 27 Year Old, 3rd Degree Burn Scars?

I am 30 years old and was in a house fire when I was 3. I have third degree burns over my face arms and knees. I have had skin grafts but I am wondering if there is anything out there that will help me rid my scarring.

I would also like to add that my ethnicity is that of mixed white and black I'm not sure if this would make any difference to the type of treatment I would require. Many thanks for your time.

Third degree burn scars and scar contracture - laser to help scars

+1

Third degree burn scars can be texturally different and cause scar contracture. I would begin with IIT, pulsed dye laser, fractional CO2, and surgically correct scar contracture. 

Burn scars

+1

While one can never make a scar disappear, scars can be improved in a number of ways.

Can you please post some photographs so that we can see whihc options may help you?

Anindya Lahiri, MBBS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Facial Burn Scars

+1

In plastic surgery, we have a saying to replace "like with like" That means you should use similar skin to replace the lost or scarred skin. In your instance there may limited skin flap or grafts. One fo the better options is to consider placement of tissue expanders to increase the surface area of the donor sites.