I Have Scar on my Forehead from Chickenpox, What Can I Do?

i have scar on my forehead from chickenpox. 3 scars and one is deep. What shall i do? thx

Surgical Scar Revision

+1

Scar treatment or revision is a very individualized procedure that depends upon the appearance, characteristics, and size of the scar. Consult a plastic surgeon regarding your scar; he or she will be able to discuss your treatment options so you can decide what is best for you.

Unfortunately, there are no medical or surgical treatments to remove scars completely. Options for scar treatment (where there is surface texture irregularity) may include fillers, laser resurfacing, and/or excision. From your description of a “deep” scar I would suspect that excision of the scar is probably your best option; but the only way to know is to evaluate the scar and surrounding skin. Scar excision involves an actual surgical procedure to cut out the scar and then close the skin. This may then be followed by weeks to months of care to try to optimize the healing and maturation of the skin closure.

Surgical scar revision of any kind does involve certain risks.  These risks include changes in pigmentation (hyper- or hypopigmentation), possible red coloration or occasionally fine visible capillaries within a scar, infection, and surface texture changes (hypertrophy or atrophy). These would be explained in relationship to the scarring you have and your skin type. It is important to consider these risks when evaluating a scar for possible treatment for improvement.

In general, a plastic surgeon would evaluate a scar and determine if some reasonable improvement could be obtained. Scar revision is best performed when there is good probability of at least moderate improvement.

Best wishes. Ken Dembny

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon