I Have Had This Scar on my Chin from a Cut Ten Years Ago? Is There Any Way I Can Remove It? (photo)

Chin scar revision with laser - Los Angeles

+1

Scar revision options include laser and chemical peels to address surface texture and color. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Depressed scar on chin

+1

A scar that is depressed usually has linear and vertical bands which creates the depression. Lifting the concavity is known as subcision which is to induce scarring in the "level plane" position and even it with the surrounding skin.

Cheryl M. Burgess, MD
Washington Dermatologic Surgeon

I Have Had This Scar on my Chin from a Cut Ten Years Ago? Is There Any Way I Can Remove It?

+1

It does appear that your scar is widened and depressed. Typically scar revision is required during which the old scar is removed and replaced with a finer surgical scar. This is often followed with spot dermabrasion or laser resurfacing to refine the final appearance. Seek a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist experienced in scar treatments. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar treatments

+1

There are many ways to improve the appearance of scars. Makeup is the cheapest but requires time and effort. Topical scar creams do very little to help and usually are not worth the money in my opinion. Lasers are a great option but require one or multiple treatments. There is also surgical removal of a scar tissue but this requires additional surgery and stitching. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon