Will Scar on the Lip Affect Lip Augmentation?

I have a little scar on my lip from 3 stitches I received years ago. Will getting a Lip augmentation be a wise decision or will it distort that area?

Lip scars will most likely not affect end results of lip augmentation if done right

+2

Lip scars are fairly common and can be undermined to release the adhesions to free up the area whether you are getting injectable fillers like Restylane or Juvederm for $550 per syringe or you are getting permanent implants at $1500 per lip. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Augmentation of a scarred lip not a problem

+2

Hi Kat,

A small scar, even if it is on the border of your lip, should not negatively affect the outcome of a lip augmentation. In fact, I have treated many patients with depressed or irregular scars with hyaluronic acid injections to augment the lip and improve depressions in the scars. If you have healed normally, the scar should be soft by now, and able to be raised with filler.

Good luck - and don't be afraid.

Dr. Torkian

Behrooz Torkian, MD