Scar from Falling Through a Window On My Forehead?

I have a 1.5 cm long, .5 cm wide oval hypertrophic scar on my forehead from falling through a window. It was not stitched or sutured. The skin peeled back like an onion and I flattened it an slapped a bandage on it. I want to know if I can sandpaper down to the base of the scar (epidermis) to see if the skin will heal back normally. People get in bike accidents all the time and have large deep scars on there face, it seems to heal up just fine. Or maybe dermabrasion?

Forehead scars

+1

Deep lacerations sometimes result in depressed scars.  I would let the scar mature a bit, then advise you on fractional laser, pulsed dye laser, and scar excision and revision.