Does This Scar from an Alar Base Reduction Look Like Its Healing Correctly? (photo)

4 days ago,I had a rhinoplasty & alar base reduction. When viewing the scars on my alar base reduction, one scar is healing well and the other has a pimple and is clearly noticeable.Can we do anything to fix this now? Additionally, do my nostrils still look large? IF so, is this an easy fix? How much more can a doctor take the nostrils down. My understanding is when doing an alar base reduction, you see the results immediately after being done.

Alar Base Scar

So far, so good.  But I'm sure that you are keeping close contact with your surgeon over the ensuing weeks as you heal.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scars Resulting From Alar Base Reduction

At 4 days post-op, it is way too early to assess the results of your surgery.

As for the scars resulting from your alar base reduction, I recommend that you follow your surgeon's instruction religiously as you keep hi/her in the loop of your recovery process.

If you are worried from a scar infection, what is shown in the picture is not alarming.

Furthermore, your think and oily nasal skin will slow your recovery pace a little so it is normal if you require a little more time then the average rhinoplasty patient to achieve full recovery.

Thank you for sharing your photos and congrats.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian.

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS