How To Remove Scar on Forehead 8 Months Post Brow Lift?

I had a mid forehead brow lift about 8 months ago. The scar is indented and noticeable. Is there anything I can do to raise the scar and eliminate it?

+3

It is a difficult problem. I can tell you the scar will get better over a couple of years. The best thing now, I think, is vigorous massage several times a day to help soften the scar tissue. Many surgeons have abandoned this type of lift. It occasionaly works well in a male with heavy natural lines, but even then can be a more obvious scar than we like. But be patient and I think you will notice a big, albeit slow, improvement.

Mid Forehead Lift Scar Revision is Difficult

+2

Scars can take a full year to mature, but by 8 months you should have seen some improvement.  If the scar is still indented (depressed) and noticeable, remember there are only 3 things that can be done to a scar: We can change its color, its contour and its orientation.  So, in your case if the color is still red, then a laser may be used to improve it.  If it is depressed (contour problem) then its base can be injected with either dilure steroid to release it, or with a filler to raise it.  If it is not horizontal, then a scar revision may help.  Discuss these options with your surgeon to figure out which ones might work best for your scar.  Good luck!  Dr. Constantinides

Minas Constantinides, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Removing Forehead Scar 8 Months after Brow Lift

+1

The scar can be revised by excision of the depression and scar then closing the incision with eversion of the wound edges. Because this complication is possible, I make the incision at the hairline where hair will grow through and in front of that incision.