Will This Scar Fill In? (photo)

I was bitten by my yorkie 6 days ago on the upper lip. I was wondering if the indented look of this will go away? It never scabbed over. I've kept it moist with neosporin.

Vasoline

+2

I would keep it moist with vasoline or you can buy a silcone gel.  They are better for would healing then neosporin.  If the mark is still there you can also add a filler in the future for cosmetic results.

Detroit Dermatologic Surgeon

Scar revision on the lips in Los Angeles

+1

Indented scars on the lips are common and can be improved with lip injections or scar revision, depending on the specifics of the scar. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar on upper lip

+1

Since your scar is only 6 days old, there still will be a good amount of healing to take place.  It really is just a matter of time to let it heal and see how it looks.  If it still is indented 6-12 months after the injury, you could consider a filler to help or possibly a scar revision to improve it.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon