Why is It the Scar on my Face Gets Deeper and Deeper?

I had my mole removed last 2010 May 5. Since it's rounded and kinda big, it undergo dual process- shave Excision and Laser. The doctor advised mo to used Catrix Ointment because it will help to flatten the skin due to incision and gave me a scar gel removal. When I applied oinment in the skin, I massage it very well and even stretch it. I am fond of touching it always and now I have noticed that it gets deeper and deeper. Am I doing the right thing? Can I still prevent it from getting deeper? :(

Mole removal

+1

After a procedure, as the scar heals, the treated area contracts.  As a result of the contraction, the area can become depressed.  It is better to leave a mole slightly elevated knowing that as it heals, it will do this. 

Scars can become depressed as they heal

+1

As scars mature, they can contract.  Sometimes they can become depressed as a result of this contraction.  That is why some dermatologists remove moles slightly above the level of surrounding skin.  That way, if they contract, there won't be as much of a depression.

Lawrence A. Osman, MD
Woodland Hills Dermatologic Surgeon