Scar After Breast Lift? (photo)

How can i revise my scars after implant removal with a lift ? now my right areola is bigger and uneven and both are streched out, they were even before the surgery and smaller.Doctor did not use any inside stiching ,only whats seen on the picture .When i had the implants there was only a tiny white line on the bottom of my areola ,maybe casue that doctor used the stiching inside method.

Yes, this can be revised

+2

You will serve yourself well at the time of consultation to review all that you feel can be improved in your mind to give a satisfactory outcome. 

There may be a number of possibilities offered. One will be a revision with just peri-areolar incision. In that case, a permanent suture, usually Gore-tex, should be considered to  hold the size of the areola.

Another option that my be better would be a vertical (lollipop) lift, which would provide more lift, and a way to control the areolar size without necessarily using a permanent suture, but that may still be advisable anyway. Seeing your previous plastic surgeon seems reasonable. If you prefer another---RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Scar after breast lift?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. It is common for scars to fully mature for up to a year. In the meantime, there are a few things that may help to ameliorate your incision/scar. The most proven (as well as cheapest) modality is simple scar massage. Applying pressure and massaging the well-healed scar has been shown to improve the appearance as it breaks up the scar tissue, hopefully producing the finest scar as possible. Other things that have been shown to add some benefit are silicone sheets, hydration, and topical steroids. In addition, avoidance of direct sunlight to the incision will significantly help the appearance as they tend to discolor with UV light during the healing process.

If unsightly scars are still present after approximately a year's time, other things that your surgeon may consider are intralesional steroid injections, laser, or just surgical revision of the scar itself.

Hope that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Scar Widening after Circumareolar Mastopexy

+1

The circumareolar mastopexy has the tendency to place a great deal of stress on the incision line that causes areolar widening.  If a permanent suture was placed the first time, I would not try it again.  If you are certain that it was not used for the first surgery, this may be attempted.  To truly improve this situation a vertical lift or full breast lift would be recommended.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA