How much one could refine my nose tip if I get rhinoplasty? (photos)

I don´t like my nose, please see photos. Since I am aware I already look good I am feeling I am taking a big risk. The main issue with my nose is that it droops when I smile, and it has a small bump on the nosebridge which looks bad from the profile. When I don´t smile the nostril doesn´t show as much as it does on western looking girls. My ideal result of a rhino is a pointy nosetip like Doutzen Kroes with no hump on the bridge. Can the pointy nosetip be achieved on me? Please answer honestly.

Refining The Nose

+2
Based on the photos you've provided, you would most likely be a very good candidate for rhinoplasty. The concerns you've outlined regarding the bridge of your nose and the droopiness of the tip when you smile should be addressed with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she can examine your nose and discuss your surgical options. I encourage you to speak with someone who offers computer photo imaging so you can view the potential results.

Rhinoplasty for Nasal Refinement

+2
Al of the nose changes that you seek are well within what would be considered very achievable. The dorsum and tip require small changes but when put together can create a pleasing and subtle change to your nasal shape. The key to your rhinoplasty is a careful and artfully done changes that are not aggressively done.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Yes you can get a more refine tip and remove the bump

+2
Dear Gogoanime,

The fact that the tip drops when you smile most likely means that your nose does not have adequate support and what you may find is that over time the tip drops more and the bump on the bridge becomes more accentuated.

A good rhinoplasty specialist can do computer imaging and give you a very honest sense of what you can achieve and depending on your skin thickness, can go over how he/ she would refine the tip.

Based on the pictures we would say you are a great candidate for rhinoplasty.

Peyman Solieman, MD

Peyman Solieman, MD

Rhinoplasty goals for bulbous tip , hump, etc.

+2
Rhinoplasty goals for bulbous tip , hump, etc. are realistic if you choose a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose work looks natural and not like a "nose job". Look for results not imaging.

Rhinoplasty for nasal tip refinement and bump on bridge

+2
Hello:

Your concerns regarding your nasal tip and bump on the bridge of your nose could certainly be addressed through a conservative rhinoplasty to provide a subtle, but noticeable improvement in the appearance of your nose and maintain a very natural look. I would recommend seeking out an experienced rhinoplasty provider for a formal consultation and discussion of your options. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty candidate for nasal tip refinement

+2
Yes, a rhinoplasty procedure can address your aesthetic goals of improving your nose.  To prevent the tip from drooping when smiling, releasing the depressor septi ligament is required. The small bump on the bridge of your nose is composed of both bone and cartilage and must be filed down. Osteotomies of the nasal bones will be required to narrow bridge line. Tip refinement can also be performed with a tip rhinoplasty. For many examples, please see the link below  to our closed rhinoplasty  photo gallery

How much one could refine my nose tip if I get rhinoplasty?

+2
The areas that you described and would like improved, including the nasal tip, can be addressed with a subtle natural appearing rhinoplasty performed by an expert artistic plastic surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience.

Keep in mind, that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the proposed operative procedure with you and your parents may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California 

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhnioplasty questions

+1
You have a bulbous type nasal tip that can be refined with a rhinoplasty.  The nasal dorsum can also be reduced.  

+1
   The tip can be refined and the hump, removed with a closed rhinoplasty approach.

+1
Yes, you goals are achievable!  Removing the bump on the bridge and thinning the tip can be achieved through a closed rhinoplasty.  The results would be subtle and natural