Surgeons in my Country Are Less Skilled in This, So I Want to Know if I Am a Candidate for Lift Instead of Reduction? (photo)

I have been recommended BR, but I have doubts. I have seen too many with "snipped-off"-looking/square breasts. And I do not want smaller breasts at all. I to elevate, correct asymmetry, have upper pole fullness and cleavage. I am open to implants or fat-grafting to achieve the best result. I do not suffer from back-pains or head-aches. I am 5 feet, weigh 140 lb, 24 years, done with nursing. I think the vertical-lift scar leaves attractive results, is this a realistic option for me?

Excellent candidate for Ultimate Breast Lift

+2

You are an excellent candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique uses a circumareola incision and an incision hidden in the shadow of your breast to lift your breast higher on the chest wall, more medial to increase your cleavage and reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness.  This technique is long lasting since the weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle and maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.  The Ultimate Breast Lift does not leave you with the ugly vertical scars that cannot be hidden and frequently widen in time.  You have asymmetry so it would be easy to reduce the larger breast or augment the smaller breast if desired.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Surgeons in my Country Are Less Skilled in This, So I Want to Know if I Am a Candidate for Lift Instead of Reduction?

+1

Dear Flimsy,

Thank you for your question and photos. You definitely are a candidate for a lift, but you may need a low profile implant in addition to have the fullness in the upper part of the breast you seem to desire based on your goal photos. Some breast tissue should be taken out of the right breast at the same time for best symmetry.  The following link is an example of this.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction vs Breast Lift

+1

The detailed information you have provided indicates that you obviously have done your homework!  I am not certain if you have enough breast tissue to achieve the result that you have cited as your "desired outcome".  Certainly a small reduction would have to be done on the right side and a lift on the left side to give you symmetry.  A vertical technique may work for you, it depends on your measurements.  However, I would definitely be prepared for two stages, one to correct the asymmetry and elevate the breasts, preferably using the more modern anchoring techniques.  At a later date, probably 6 months later, I would go back and do the fat transfer or implants if necessary and if you so desire.  It has been my experience, as well as that of most of my peers, that trying to correct a deformity such as yours in one stage increases your chance of complications and need for secondary corrective surgery significantly.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Lift Instead of Reduction?

+1

If the size is OK, you should be thinking lift. However, the right breast does look a bit larger than the left, so something to equalize the breasts would be beneficial--either reducing the right side, or enlarging the left. The incision pattern will be the same for a lift or reduction--a small amount of tissue would be removed from the outer part of the larger breast. A vertical pattern lift would work on the left side, but a full anchor might be needed to remove enough excess skin on the right.

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Breast lift/breast reduction

+1

Breast lifts and breast reductions share similar goals: 1. elevate the nipple/areola to its "ideal" position, and 2. tighten the skin under the breast to help elevate the breast tissue.  With a breast reduction, there is the added goal of removing excess breast tissue.  Based on your pictures and your described desired outcome, I would suggest that you would be a good candidate for a breast lift without the reduction.  There are several ways to do breast lifts.  Your examining doctor should be able to review these and suggest the best option for you.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Breast lift

+1

If your goal is to maintain as much natural breast tissue, then a lift might be the right thing for you.  Sometimes a vertical lift or one with a small-t below might be best for you to reduce the nipple to fold distance.

Breast lift vs reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. If you're happy with the volume of your left breast, then you're a good candidate for left-sided breast lift and right sided breast reduction to match the left side. However, if the right-sided volume is the one you desire, alternatively you may undergo autologous fat grafting to the left breast at the same time as a breast lift to achieve this result. Best of luck.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

What is best for breasts

+1

depends on what you want.  If your volume is adequate, then all you need is a lift.  If you want more volume, you must have an implant.  The vertical lollipop technique works well.  Please realize the desired results you posted will settle with time and she will have bottoming out as her nipple are already pointing upwards and you must accept that your breast results will evolve over time and deteriorate.

Curtis Wong, MD

+1

I think that both can probably be lifted with vertical lifts, and an implant can be placed in the smaller breast or different sized implants in both.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Lift with Augmentation Needed Not Reduction

+1

Based on your desired results, you would need a vertical lift combined with augmentation. Whether the augmentation that is done by an implant or fat injections is open to debate. But an implant is the most assured method to get a bigger breast size in one procedure.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD